Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Abdumalik Tijani, 18, did not waste time in exhibiting his criminal tendencies as he allegedly stole four laptops barely 24 hours after he was employed as a guard with the Christ-Cross security company.

He would have absconded with his loot, but for quick intervention of policemen attached to the Victoria Island Police station who were on a patrol operation and accosted him around 3am and asked him what he was carrying in his backpack.
 
Narrating how he was arrested, Tijani said: “I am from Kabba in Kogi State. I came to Lagos and started attending church regularly. After attending church for two weeks, the pastor noticed I was always begging for money. 
 
He called me to his of fice and asked me my name was but I lied to him that my name is Christopher Benson. He introduced me to a private security company called ChristCross Security Company and they employed me immediately.

I was employed on Friday and was given orientation with a salary package of N18, 000 per month. I was deployed to the Trinity House on Victoria Island on Saturday but I had a strange urge to steal.
I already hatched a plan and when the three other guards on duty with me were fast asleep at midnight, I locked them up in the security room and went into the office where I stole four laptops. One Apple and three HPs laptops.

Trying to hide my crime, I called our supervisor on the telephone and told him that I was kidnapped on my way to buy food. I intended to sell one laptop for N10, 000 at Computer Village.

I started stealing since I was young. I would stand at the bus stop at Ilupeju area and snatch phones and handbags from women on bike. There was a day I was caught at Mushin area stealing phones and I was arrested and put behind the counter.

I lied to the police that my name was Tosin Daramola. I escaped from custody and went back to stealing. I cannot do without stealing. It’s like I am under an evil spell.” Tijani has now been charged to court and sentenced to three months in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Sure You Comment Here!!!

Bottom Ad [Post Page]