Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Actress Belinda Effah, has opened up on the kind of man that can catch her fancy, her career and more during an interview with The Sun.

Read excerpts below:

Tell us your kind of man
He must be God fearing, disciplined, clean and well dressed. He must be mentally, spiritually and emotionally clean. I can’t stand dirty environments or dirty people.

What’s your stand on domestic violence?
I stand against domestic violence. If a man hits you once, he will hit you again. Don’t let it happen. I am against divorce but if a man hits a woman, I advise she separates from him for a while, for him to return to his right senses.

What inspires you?
Ultimately, it has been God. I’m a very spiritual person. And I believe it was my calling to be an actress. He guides me and orders my steps on how and where I should be. I also draw inspiration from the people around me, my environment, the things I see and lots more.

You sound so spiritual; does your spirituality affect the kind of roles you play?
I’m an actress, so that I’m spiritual doesn’t mean I can’t kiss in movies. If it’s a good story, then why won’t I kiss to tell the story well? The character might start as a bad person who later turns good. That’s a good story line. Everything or everyone mustn’t come out clean. As long as someone is employing me to play a role, because they know I can do the job, then people expect me to turn the job down because I am spiritual? In this industry, once you reject a job, thousands others are willing to grab it. I also have to show my professionalism. Some doctors have to do something to protect their career, but they can’t come out and say it. But all eyes are on actors; people judge every move we make. Sorry to disappoint you people, if I have to kiss in a movie, I’ll do it well because I am a professional. I can kiss but I can’t do nudity because that’s like the extreme.

Would you say you are a jealous lover?
Everybody has this iota of jealousy inside of them. So, if you say you don’t, then I doubt if you are a human being. I guess I am, but with time, I have learnt how to control it.

How far would you go to protect your relationship?
I’ll only be in a relationship with a matured mind, someone who knows the kind of job I do and understand me well. We would have mutual respect for each other. Whatever happens, I’ll always respect my partner and whatever issues we have, we’ll settle it indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Sure You Comment Here!!!

Bottom Ad [Post Page]