Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

These are sad times for popular gospel singer, Bukola Akinade, also known as Senwele Jesu, who is currently mourning the sudden demise of his band leader, Shina Afolabi.

Senwele Jesu, who described Shina’s death as a great loss, said that no one can fill the vacuum left behind by the drummer, who died of electrocution in his house last Sunday.

In an emotional-laden voice, Senwele disclosed that her lead drummer would be sorely missed, adding that his commitment was unrivaled.

“He coordinated the band and knows what I want at the right time.  The news of his death was a rude shock to me and can’t still believe that he is no more. We played after the Sunday service at the church and I told him I was going home to prepare my children for school on Monday. He asked again if I was going home and replied him jokingly that ‘did he want me to sleep in the church’… ‘Sorry Iya’ he replied.

“I received a call that he was rushed to University College Hospital (UCH) and not quite long, I received a call that he had been taken home. I sensed something terrible must have happened. My husband and I rushed to his residence and I could not believe my eyes seeing the lifeless body of my amiable captain,” she lamented.

She hinted that one of the unfulfilled dreams of Afolabi, whose tenure as the governor of Talking Drummers Association in Oyo State would clock one year on February 2, was the plan to launch a special album during the 10th year anniversary of the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Sure You Comment Here!!!

Bottom Ad [Post Page]