Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


An 18-year-old nursing mother, Maryam Magaji, has sued Badamasi Salihu, 20, her alleged lover, for refusing to marry her.

She told a Sharia Court at Magajin Gari, Kaduna State that Salihu dated her for a year and promised to marry her, but abandoned her after allegedly impregnating her.

Maryam said she reported to the district head and the defendant, while accepting the pregnancy, agreed to marry her after delivery.

“I reported the matter to our district head and he agreed to marry me after I deliver, but he denied me after giving birth to his child, saying he cannot marry me,” she said.


Maryam implored the court to compel the defendant to accept the three-week old baby she was nursing.

Salihu denied the claim, saying he was just a friend to her.

“She normally comes to my shop where we gist, crack jokes and laugh. I see her as a friend, that’s all,” he said.

The defendant denied being responsible for Maryam’s pregnancy.

The judge, Malam Musa Sa’ad, adjourned the case till March 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Sure You Comment Here!!!

Bottom Ad [Post Page]